Sunday, June 15, 2008

The day Tody died...Rest in peace Tody!

I came back today and saw my terrapin lifeless and not moving...then I took it out to check. Its head just moved from side to side as if its whole body wasn't in control anymore. Nic kept asking what happened and why. I told her that Tody died. I think she did understand that it is dead. She almost wanted to cry. I hugged her and promised her that I would buy her another and immediately I saw her smiling again.

Few days ago, Tody had lost its appetite, it didnt seemed to move or eat anything. I changed the water frequently to make sure that it is in a clean environment. I learnt one thing today...that terrapins need to bask under the sun too! suntan! Okay, it was partly my fault that I didn't go read up much about their proper environment.

I wanna be a better owner of my pet terrapin again. Will be making a trip down to Qianhu fish farm on monday with eileen and maria. Guess I will spend even more then.

Will update again...see ya!

No comments: