Friday, August 15, 2008

29 July 2008
Eileen's Birthday Dinner
With Nicole, Dearie, Evelyn
Venue: Japanese Sun Dining @ Chijmes
30 Victoria Street
#02-01
Singapore 187996

This was my first visit to Sun Dining @ Chijmes. I have been to the one at Wheelock and I must say that the food served at Sun Dining is absolutely fresh and good. Price was reasonable enough for the quality of food served.



While Eileen was waiting for us to arrive, she ordered the Salmon Belly Salad first. This was awesome. The salmon belly just gently slipped right into your throat. Juicy!

Cheese Glaced Baked Scallops....Yummy!


I ordered my usual cold soba....I like the presentation of the food. It really just make the overall appearance of the food served looked fantastic. It does make a difference!




Eileen's Hokkaido Ramen...tasty soup!


Chicken Teriyaki to accompany my cold soba


Fanciful presentation...Evelyn's beef bowl


Next Stop: Laurent's Cafe & Chocolate Bar
The Pier at Robertson Quay 80
Mohammad Sultan Road #01-11
Singapore(239013)


After dinner, we quickly adjourned to Robertson walk for desserts
at Laurent Bernand Chocolatier. Ruth joined us and we celebrated Eileen's birthday with a slice flourless cake we ordered.


It was quite a letdown when our chocolate drinks came and to our dismay the chocolate drink was too powdery for us to consume. Considering the price and quality, I swear that was my last visit there!



Flourless Chocolate Cake with vanilla icecream which was nothing to 'wow' about.


My Apologies: This is a foodie post. No pictures of 'humans' because the pics in my camera were not uploaded yet. Some day perhaps!Oops!

No comments: