Thursday, August 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I am back at my mom's place this week. The other half of mine is currently stuck in some jungle out there serving his reservist. Another reason is because Nic's playgroup class has 10 cases of HFMD. I was paranoid when her teacher broke the news to me on Monday when I was there to pick little Nic up. She said the centre will only close when they have a record of 14 cases. I gave her a disbelieving look and said isn't it unsafe for the remaining kids still faithfully attending school considering the fact that the deadly virus may still be in the air and the bacteria is still hiding in some corner no matter how many times you make the children wash their hands or mop the classroom a zillion-and-one times? I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I am craving for fine French cuisine at APS (Au Petit Salut @ Dempsey)! 29 August, Friday. I've placed a booking for 5-and-a-baby. Anyone else wanna join us? You're welcome. Our usual Friday meet ups has turned into some Aunty Fridays' day instead! I love the getaway to a nice cosy place for lunch or hi-tea...knowing that I would be 'simmered' into the presence of good company of friends as well as good food.


If you'd ask me, I was initially disturbed by some uninvited guests dropping by just to post some nasty and untrue remarks about me. Hey, I am paid to teach, not paid to listen to silly stories about so-and-so did something to so-and-so. It just tires me out having to be a middle-man for all sorts of problems faced by these beings. Oh, I like the idea of having a tag board and have no intention of taking it down. I am clear in my conscience and I don't have to go about explaining it to mindless, brainless beings when they have absolutely no idea what kind of trouble they are up to. I shall not waste my time entertaining these puerile beings who think they are fully grown-ups, acting as though they have seen-it-all and that the whole world owes them a living. It just goes to show that these puerile beings venting the oh-so-limited vocabulary of theirs, exposing their ugly side of themselves without realising that with the so advanced technology, they could be reported, tracked down and be punished by the law. Well, perhaps they are really testing the authorities with their prowess as 'public speakers' in blogs...Get a life lah!

Yikes, I have 3 more days of counting window panes in the school hall, if you know what I mean. At the end of the day, I will be $220 richer...Good money? considerably good for doing nothing. Hee!

No comments: