Friday, August 15, 2008

TIRED is the word...

TIRED

Reason: I am down for GCE 'O' Levels English Oral Exam duty from 12 August till 25 August and that is 10 days. My duty: Timekeeping. Basically, I need to keep time for each candidate to prepare his reading passage and picture description for 10 minutes. I have 12 candidates each day and so that equals to 120 minutes which is 2 hours of 'doing nothing' but watching the stopwatch and keeping time! I was so bored I started counting the number of wall fans in the school hall. Yes yes, I am paid of course but miserably...haha...guessed $22 per two hours is still not as 'attractive' as it seems to be. Sigh. There were a few times I actually dozed off while the candidate in front of me was intensely reading through his lines aloud. There was Kenneth the joker, who actually knew I was so bored, after he had done his preparation in just a few minutes, he entertained me by reading his passage aloud to me in his Hong Kong accent. He is just so funny!

Wednesday and Thursday evenings are lecture days...with all that, at the end of the day, I would feel so lethargic that when I returned home, I would just go to bed after my shower. (which is the reason why you don't see me online these days)

Work is piling up, assignments deadline is nearing and I still have yet to meet him for my work review session.

He had learnt about it from 'you-know-who' and he asked me 'Why ah?'...I was dumbfounded at first and quickly said I needed a change. From his tone, I could just guessed as much that he wasn't really expecting this from me.

I have lots of backdated posts with many pictures awaiting...I just couldn't find the time. Sorry to keep you waiting and waiting and waiting. :)

No comments: