Friday, December 22, 2006

Random Updates abt me...

For the past one week, I have been busy with buying stuff and groceries for tonight's cellgroup Christmas Party. I am cooking Smoked Salmon Pasta (tomato based) and dearie is ordering pork knuckles from Cold Storage. As it is a potluck, N211 members will each bring a dish for tonight. Friends are invited to come and brace this joyous occasion too. There will be carolling too...ahem, this group of singers are not professionals mind you! Under the guidance of me "their choir teacher", I have taught them how to sing since last Monday and we are actually performing tonight. Singing three carols. One unison voices with piano accompaniment, one is three part voicing and the other in African-style singing.

I will be posting these pictures to update on this party...stay tuned!

20 December 2006, Wednesday (late night supper)

I have finally gotten a chance to go down to Race Course Road to try the Ah Lam's noodles. It was about 10plus when we arrived there...There weren't enough parking lots so we waited quite a while in the car. About 10-15 mins later, we managed to park the car to eat there, was actually thinking to buy take-away instead. By right, I should'nt be eating supper because I am on a non-carbo diet. In an effort to slim down, I cut down on my carbo intake since Dec. I do have a 'free day' once a week to work up the metabolism rate. And this free day, I can eat anything but in smaller portions.

The noodles tasted good especially the gravy. Dearie ate the abalone noodles while I tried the normal minced meat noodles. The chilli is nice. Dearie also ordered the 'Kong bak bao' (stewed fatty pork meat in bun) and stewed bean curd. I love the tasty bean curd...Nicole loves them too.



This picture was taken at vivo city yesterday, we were waiting for my dad to pick us up, cos I didnt drive there...I was with mum and nicole; we were there to collect clothes we have reserved over the phone. Will be wearing one of them tonight...black polka dot top.