Thursday, August 03, 2006

Long winded 'aunty'


Before I left the school today, I went to see 'aunty' to ask for early dismissal for tmr. My mum has a doc's apptmt at 2pm and I'm needed back home to take care of nicole. 'Aunty' asked me if the apptmt could be changed, and then she went on telling me the importance of pro-sharing and missing lessons. I told her I will only be missing one music class (2N1)....and it came to her as unsightly to the public if the students were to sit at the concourse at that hour(nearing school dismissal time). She went on n on for abt 15 mins....n finally she said, ''ok, this time round I will let u off early.'' I was thinking to myself...we are allowed to have 5 days paid leave for the child with no questions asked. If 'you' think you cant allow me to be dismissed earlier by 35 mins, then I will just have to take child leave. The problem is...its only 35 mins to dismissal time! Cant 'you' be more lenient?! No wonder, no one likes her.

Went to IMM with maria to grab some dvds (selling at 10 bucks), bought nicole a dress and a long-sleeve top. Shortly after that, we drove to bras basar complex to buy quarter inch jack for the amplifier. We went into Swee Lee Music store to search for our stuff, got what we wanted. Maria was amazed by the many shapes and sizes of acoustic guitars on sale. I was also happy to see a complete drum kit selling at $700-$900 bucks...not buying for myslf, but at least, I can justify to the school that since it's of reasonably cheap price, they cld afford it for sure. Had 'Gusto' in mind when I was in the shop, and I came upon a guitar pickup...Immediately, I thought of my band member (DRASTIC TURNOVER) Norman. Being a left-hander guitarist, he hasnt got a amplified guitar and the school's sound system (mics n all) cant pick up the sound frm his guitar.

After shopping, head home with hubby, had dinner, watched sg idol (hope Jonathan will win, haha) and then we head down to serangoon gardens to have supper. I know its sinful and I am not supposed to have supper. (I have consecrated from supper for 1 month) ok, just one supper wont kill...oops, I had prawn-paste chicken wings and LaLa. :p

No comments: